Saturday, December 6, 2014

We All Have A Past

I asked my husband last night, which I do after each "heavy" post how he really feels about me doing this blog. His response was, "it doesn't bother me, it's all truthful and we are growing and in a better place now." 

I often worry how he will react to my writing because it doesn't paint a pretty picture of him as a husband. For someone that has never met him I can see how they would think he is just an insensitive and selfish jerk, amongst other things I’m sure. Those that do know him personally and have seen a different side of him know that he actually does have a big heart. He will be the first to drop whatever he is doing to help anyone out, stranger or not. It may be hard to believe but he is a great man. I know it might be difficult to look past all that he’s done to me but deep down he is strong, loving, caring, compassionate, and kindhearted. Those wonderful qualities he holds are the reason I fell in love with him. One saying I often tell him is “when you’re good, you’re great” and that is meant from a wife to her husband, he has always been a great person. He too still has some work to do as far as he and I go and he is, in case anyone was wondering. ;)

For those that truly know my husband I would hope that you would not focus on his past but instead all the qualities he held when you first met him, the reasons why you refer to him as your “friend.” For those that don’t know him; I ask that you keep in mind others around you and ask yourself if you would shut someone out of your life or treat them differently simply because they too have made poor choices.

I have to remember this goes for fiance's too.For the record…I am not asking a wife to look past her husband’s mistakes if he has done her wrong. Nor am I saying we should look past someone’s history if they have committed some horrible or unforgivable crime. I am simply referring to friendships as a whole.

The point I am trying to make is that we never know what is deep in a person’s heart when we refuse to look past all the bad they have done. They may not be the horrible person you think they are. After all, we all have a past; we all make mistakes and poor choices in some way or another. My husband is the prime example of a good person that has done things to hurt others but that does not mean he is a person that deserves to be shut out by those that call him their “friend.”

I chose to do this post for my him because I know that people may come across my story and be too quick to judge the person that did something horrible instead of the person that tries to bring good into the lives of others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment