Monday, December 22, 2014

A Letter to the Other Woman


Dear Other Woman,

How could you? You are the most selfish, disgusting, desperate person I have ever known. You aren't even worthy of being called a woman, much less a lady. You knew he was married. You knew he had children. You clearly knew he was a man that could not be trusted or faithful. Was it the excitement of sneaking around or knowing you were stealing someone else’s husband that gave you pleasure in what you were doing? Or were you just that lonely and pathetic to get a man that wasn't already taken?

Did having an affair with a married man make you proud? Did you truly feel as though you were someone special to him? How could you possibly believe that you meant anything at all to him? In your sick and twisted mind you may have felt that he belonged to you but in reality he was using you as an escape. Did it make you feel victorious, as if you had won some sort of special prize?

Too bad the prize was a married man that returned to his children, to his wife and to the bed he and I share. While you were left alone once again. Was it really worth sacrificing your dignity to be involved with a man that you knew would eventually return home to the life he and I built? If you meant anything at all to him he wouldn't have started a relationship with you based on lies and deceit. You played along with his deception and received nothing in return except a reputation. You are and will always be the woman that tore our family apart; you are nothing but a home wrecking piece of garbage.

Did you really think he would leave me for you? Even if he did, do you honestly believe he would have stayed with you? It would have only been a matter of time before he tossed you aside. He had his chance to be with you and he chose to come back home on his own. I didn't beg him to return, I filed for a divorce and yet he still left you to come back to me. Any promises he made with you for a future meant absolutely nothing, any discussion of how he would leave me once and for all were just another way to charm his way back to you when things got too rough at home.

Before I found out I’m sure you felt as though you were fooling the poor, pathetic loser that lost her husband. Well, I’d rather be a fool than the filth that has an affair with a married man. Despite the pain I felt after knowing the truth I can walk with my head held high, can you say the same about yourself? You have absolutely no respect for anyone, including yourself. If you had one ounce of self-respect you would have walked away the instant he told you he was married. How can any man respect you when you can’t even respect yourself? A person as yourself will never find true happiness because you spend your time destroying the lives of others.

You not only tore my life apart, you did the same for my children. I don’t blame you for all of their pain; their father was the one that started it all. However, you contributed to tearing their lives apart. You knew being a part of his deception would also have an effect on his children. Yet you put yourself first. I would have thought as a mother you would spare innocent children from having their lives flipped upside down and torn to shreds. I guess because you live a miserable life you wanted everyone else to have one, too. I just hope your children see you for who you truly are and will show a little more compassion to others than you do.

I'm not ready to forgive and I think that's okay. #Quote
I have wasted so much of my time and energy hating you and I am exhausted. I despise the person you are!! I hate knowing that you show absolutely no remorse for destroying my life and I hate that I will never be the same person I once was. The reality of the situation is that until I can forgive you for all that you have done to me I will never truly find peace. Sadly, I am not ready to forgive you. I don’t know that I ever will and quite honestly, I don’t want to. As the other woman you destroyed my marriage. If there is one thing you have given me that is worth anything is realizing that I can take pride in knowing that I have more class than any woman who is more than willing to be involved with a married man.

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment