Monday, December 15, 2014

In The Hot Seat


My husband and I decided to have a Q&A session, he was a little hesitant at first but was a great sport through it to the end.  


Q:  What was the reason for having an affair?

A:  I wanted to do what I wanted, when I wanted and it was just a way out of an unhappy marriage. I no longer wanted responsibilities as a father and husband. 
 

Q:  Did having to live a secret life ever make you want to get caught so you HAD to end it?

A:  Yes

  
Q:  Did you ever try to get me to push you away so I would ask you to leave?

A:  Yes, it would have made it easier for me to go. 

 
Q:  Were you ever worried I would find out?

A:  Yes, but a part of me thought you would never be able to find out.

 
Q:  Did you ever see a future with the other woman?

A:  In the beginning yes, but as time went on I no longer did because of her family situation and our age difference. It was more of a convenience than anything.

  
Q:  While you were gone from home did you regret leaving us?

A:  Yes, but I was also enjoying living the life I thought I wanted at that time.

 
Q:  Do you regret what you have done?

A:  Yes

 
Q:  What would you have done differently BEFORE having an affair?

A:  Quit the job I had at the time and work better hours. I would have also tried to get closer to my wife and realized what I really needed and wanted to make it work.

 
Q:  Did you ever feel you were in over your head before the truth came out?

A:  Yes. The guilt was eating at me from having to lie and hide things all the time.

 
Q:  Was it a relationship of convenience, purely physical or just an excuse to escape the marriage?

A:  It was an outlet from being unhappy at home and convenience because I knew she would always let me back when I wanted to leave my family.

 
Q:  Did you fall in love with the other woman?

A:  Never "in" love but felt deep feelings.

 
Q:  How far into the affair did you start to regret what you were doing?

A:  After the first couple of weeks.

 
Q:  Did you think of the impact your actions would have on me and the kids?

A:  In the beginning no because I didn't want the responsibility of having a family, I also knew I could come back home when I wanted.

 
Q:  Why didn't you end the marriage if you were so unhappy?

A:  I didn't like the thought of another man being in the lives of my wife and children.

 
Q:  Would you want our daughter to go through the same thing I have?

A:  No

 
Q:  If I hadn't have found out do you think you would still be having an affair?

A:  No, the guilt would eventually cause me to come clean. 

I'll admit, there are a lot more questions I could have asked but I figured we didn't have all day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment