Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Have A Little Self-Respect

Every girl dreams of finding the perfect man. A man that takes care of her and loves her. He should show her off to anyone and everyone and be proud of the special bond the two of them share. She wants to feel welcomed and accepted by his friends and family. It should be a relationship that is based on honesty and respect. Those are two things a relationship needs in order to survive and be a success. We as woman want to be treated as a lady and we want a man that isn't ashamed or embarrassed to show us off to others. 

#Modest doesn't mean frumpy. #DressingWithDignity www.colleenhammond.comSadly, there are women that want the exact opposite? There are actually women that have no problem being labeled as the “other” woman. They don’t care if the relationship is based on lies and deceit, they could care less for honesty and respect. Heck, they don’t even care if the man they are involved with is married!! I for one could never be content being the other woman; I have too much respect for myself. Yes I know that "self-respect" comment sounds insane coming from the person that writes about her husband’s affair, so please spare me the eye rolls and sighs for today!

My husband was completely honest when he said “I’m married,” and because we don’t live in a perfect world he wasn't punched in the throat and told to go home to his wife. Instead, he was welcomed into the arms of someone that didn't care about me, my children, my marriage or herself for that matter. She was perfectly content being involved with a married man and with hiding their relationship from everyone. Knowing that it was never going to be a relationship he would be proud of showing off to his friends and family. Especially to his children. She would always be known for what she was..."the woman that took part in tearing his family apart." *Sigh*

I'm sorry, but I am not in the mood right now to sugarcoat and be nice and proper at this very moment so I’m just going to say it like it was…..

My husband was arm candy for a desperate older woman that has absolutely no respect for herself or anyone else! She had a young, attractive, confused man by her side and she would stop at nothing to keep. There was no problem being labeled as the other woman and him keeping his affair with her a secret from everyone. She felt absolutely no shame at all for helping tear his family to shreds and sneaking around trying to get him to go back to her after he returned home to us. It’s pretty sad how a woman can allow and want to be a man’s shameful secret, and for a man to want that type of woman just blows my mind.

Before anyone sighs or rolls their eyes at me again…yes I know that my husband had his part in it all. He is the one that started it, but again…if he had just been punched in the throat we wouldn't have had to live this nightmare we now call life and I wouldn't have anything interesting to share with you all.


Now that’s one way to look at the reason behind it all. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment