Saturday, November 29, 2014

Strength vs Courage

I recently had a very dear friend tell me that she could learn something from me when it comes to courage. I sat and thought about her words, and whether or not I believe that I have courage. I know I am strong but I don't see myself as courageous. When I think of the word, I see it as being brave, facing your fear and not being afraid to fight against all odds.

I came across this poem and wanted to share it with you. I read it and let the words sink in and you know what I discovered? Maybe I am strong AND courageous. I just need to believe in myself as my friend believes in me.


Strength Vs Courage 

1. It takes strength to be firm. 
It takes courage to be gentle. 

2. It takes strength to stand guard. 
It takes courage to let down your guard. 

3. It takes strength to conquer. 
It takes courage to surrender. 

4. It takes strength to be certain. 
It takes courage to have doubt. 

5. It takes strength to fit in. 
It takes courage to stand out. 

6. It takes strength to feel a friend's pain. 
It takes courage to feel your own pain. 

7. It takes strength to hide your own pains. 
It takes courage to show them. 

8. It takes strength to endure abuse. 
It takes courage to stop it. 

9. It takes strength to stand alone. 
It takes courage to lean on another. 

10. It takes strength to love. 
It takes courage to be loved. 

11. It takes strength to survive. 
It takes courage to live. 


[ Author Unknown -- 

No comments:

Post a Comment