Monday, November 24, 2014

Beauty and the Wife

I want to be a princess!

Instead, I married one. Hence the blog name "Beauty and the Wife." Sometime between falling in love and now, I found his "princess" qualities down right annoying. What man needs his own hair dryer, full length mirror and separate closets for each style of clothing he owns? While I appreciate him wanting to look nice all the time it does get old when I'm the one having to wait for him to finish getting ready so we can leave the house. 

I'm pretty sure I could learn something from him. While I am comfortable in yoga pants and a big comfy t-shirt I do try and look decent when he comes home from work. Putting on a little make up or at least running a brush through my hair makes all the difference in the world.

When you've been with someone for some time you tend to get too comfortable. In the beginning you make sure your makeup is done, hair smoothed down and your clothing matches. There are some days I pass a mirror and think "oh my, did I look like THAT all day?" My husband is so sweet because instead of saying "hey slob, how was your day?" he says "you're naturally beautiful." I wasn't born yesterday, I can read between the lines. :)

Dress up ladies!! Put a little makeup on, brush that hair, and throw on a pair of jeans and a nicer top than the big comfy t-shirt. Make it a daily habit, not just for him but for the princess in you.

I know they say beauty is on the inside but come on....who wants to walk in the door and see a disheveled mess every day? Trust me when I say, if he doesn't have someone that takes the time to look her best he WILL notice the ones that do! I am a stay at home mom and looking pretty to do laundry sometimes seems ridiculous but I know when my husband walks through the door he will get a glimpse of the girl he was attracted to years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment