Friday, November 21, 2014

Know Your Strength

Can your marriage survive the devastation of an affair? More importantly, can YOU survive after such horrible betrayal?

Unless you have been in the shoes of a woman that has been cheated on by her husband you can not begin to imagine what she is going through. The pain is unbearable. 

You feel abandoned, rejected, humiliated, unworthy, and unloved. "Am I that horrible of a wife?" "Am I that unattractive?" "What does she offer him that I don't?" 

Those are questions that haunt you day after day. Any free moment you have you are consumed with the "what ifs."

"What if I had been more intimate with him?" "What if I had made myself prettier when he came home each day?" "What if I paid more attention to him?" 

If you are going through this right now I have one thing to say to you...STOP!! 

It took me a long time to learn that while I played some part in his unhappiness I am not the one that caused him to cheat. He chose to break our wedding vows and seek whatever he thought was missing through someone else. I knew that if I wanted to find peace I would have to stop blaming myself, it was time to bury the "what ifs."

The purpose of me starting this blog was to share my story and how I dealt with and still am dealing with feelings infidelity brought to my marriage. 

If you are going through this believe that you will survive! Whether you choose to stay with your spouse or not, you will have good days and bad days. Take each day as it is and embrace the strength within yourself. 

The first step is to stop blaming yourself. It is not your fault! 

No comments:

Post a Comment