Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Peaceful Heart

Happy Sunday!

I woke this morning with pain in my neck and shoulders, a headache that has yet to subside and a feisty eight year old upset about what to wear. BUT....My heart was at peace!

Those listed above are a nuisance but they can easily be remedied. My heart on the other hand isn't as easy to quiet down. The times it is at peace I can see all the wonderful blessings in my life and in my marriage. I smiled and thanked God, for a great start to a new day and for my husband. 

I've had a rough couple of nights and my husband has been there to comfort me. His reassuring words, and heartfelt gestures to calm me have kept me from falling off the ledge. He knows how tough things can be for me and he understands completely when I have those moments that interrupt our lives. He says "I created the monster in you", and he's right. This is all his doing but only I can control my feelings. I am the one that can decide to wake up happy or sad and today I didn't have to choose...my heart chose for me. It's as though there was this voice whispering "everything in your life is going great, enjoy it." 

My Daily Devo. Today I pray for a man named Danielle. His parents have touched my heart in high school ministry and now he has stage 4 cancer.  I pray that God fills their hearts with hope, comfort, and love. Our Healer heals the sick, Our maker makes us new again everyday, Our Lord will protect us and be with us in times of heartbreaking moments and the scariest most sad depths and decisions of life. I give every prayers to you Danielle and your family.
My plan for the day is to create new memories with my family, snapshot every moment and at the end of the day when I lay my head down I will ask God for another day of peace. For many this may seem like an eye rolling moment, but for me and others like me it is a glimpse of hope. It's the kind of moment we wish for every time we open our eyes.  

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment