Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Life Is Too Short

This past weekend I had the pleasure of joining my husband on a weekend filled with friends and motorcycles. We attended a rally of sorts with his motorcycle club and while I was scared to death to get on the highway (first time ever for me) I actually enjoyed it. It's been a fear of mine since he started riding but I conquered my fear and actually enjoyed myself. 

Everything was going wonderfully until we encountered an accident, sadly it was another rider. Throughout the day we heard of more accidents, all motorcyclist. My enjoyment turned to fear and my anxiety levels went through the roof. Our weekend went from exciting and care free to somber and worrisome in just a matter of hours. It made me realize just how much I love my husband and how I have kept my focus on all the wrong things. 

I watched him get cut off on the highway more than once and it scared me. I kept thinking how precious life is and how I have put most of my energy on all the BS from others at the forefront of my life. I spend too much time worrying that things will go wrong in my marriage and that someone will interfere with my happiness that I forget to be grateful for what I have and where I am in life at this very moment. 

Life is too short to spend it worrying about what could go wrong or when the next wrecking ball is going to come our way. I've lost sight of all the wonderful things God has done for me. Spending my time in fear has kept me from moving forward and truly enjoying ALL parts of my life. 


I am guilty of forgetting to focus on everything that is truly important, those things and people that are irreplaceable. My husband and my children should be the ones to consume every ounce of energy, love and compassion that I have in me. Not the people or circumstances that have sucked the life right out of me. 

Each breath we take truly is a blessing; I will no longer spend my days worrying about people that are unworthy of my time and those that do not deserve to be a part of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment